Moving and Need to Pack your Garage? | Garage Packing Tips
Are you interested in learning how to pack garages when moving or storing? Moving supplies and boxes for moving are included in all moving kits based on the size of home, apartment or condo that you have. There are also special box kits designed to help you organize your garage. See our garage storage kits.
All box kits include three sizes of moving boxes with one of those sizes being kitchen moving boxes, and you can also buy moving boxes in bundles that do not include suppplies.
How to Pack Garages
Garages are often the dumping ground for items that you no longer need and items that you have not used for years. Also, the garage contains many items that should not, and can not be moved. Be sure that you prepare your garage well before the movers arrive and you start packing your moving boxes. It is also important to know what you should and should not pack in a garage.
Garage packing tips:
1. Be sure to go through your garage before moving day and make sure you still want to keep all of the items in your garage.
2. Sell, donate or give away anything you do not need. This will save you time and money on your move, plus your new home will be more organized.
3. As a general rule of thumb, do not move anything that you would be very upset if it will to spill on your belongings. Any item that creates a powerful smell, or any item that could become flammable should not be moved. Moving companies will not move them for you, and it is advised for you not to move them yourself if you are renting a truck.
Chemicals that people are surprised to find out they should NOT move
- Nail Polish
- Nail Polish Remover
- Candles (they melt easily)
- Fire Extinguishers
- Hot tub and pool chemicals
- Fertilizers and pesticides
- Lamp oils
- Liquid bleach/Ammonia
- Cleaning Products
- Paint and paint thinner
- Car batteries
Obvious items that should not be moved
- Anything that is flammable or explosive
- Gasoline or oil (Drain oil and fuel from lawnmower before the movers arrive)
- Propane and propane tanks. (Empty your gas grill completely before moving)
- Charcoal and charcoal lighter
Wardrobe Boxes are So Helpful When Packing a Garage
One of the most helpful type of moving boxes when moving a garage are wardrobe boxes. These boxes enable you to hang your clothes inside of the moving boxes and/or transport any larger item. This could include vacumn cleaners, small sculptures, big lightweight toys for kids. Etc.