Moving Out Checklist | Help Moving Resource Tips for Moving Out
Moving Box Delivery's moving out checklist is a very helpful moving resource to make sure that you complete all of the necessary actions needed to successful move out of your house, apartment or condo.
When moving out of a home, there are so many things to do, and it is easy for things to be forgotten other then buying moving boxes and moving supplies. We hope this moving out checklist is a helpful resource in making your move a success! Don't forget to buy moving boxes!
Moving Out Checklist
- Collect your important records – When moving out of a home, it is important to gather your most important records together. These records might include personal and family records, medical, veterinary and school records; legal and financial documents, marriage certificates, birth certificates, passports and insurance documents and place them into one box that you will take with you. Do not give this box to the movers!
- When moving out of your house, make sure to arrange for cleaning and repair of furniture, drapes, and carpeting before you depart.
- Prepare auto registration for transfer (when moving out of state) Many states provide a certain time period that you have to do this without getting a ticket.
- Have valuable art and furniture appraised and research the benefits of buying third party moving insurance. Please note: Moving companies only provide “valuation coverage,” not moving insurance. Research your options to find the best solution for you..
- An important item in our moving out checklist is to arrange for special transportation of your pets and plants.
- Make sure that your car is ready for your move. Cars react differently in various climates. If you're moving from a warm climate to a cold one, check your antifreeze.
- Before moving out, get a copy of all your medical records from doctors, dentists, orthodontist, veterinarian etc. Also transfer prescriptions and be sure you have an adequate supply of medications for your move. Don’t forget your pets too! Take animals to the vet to see if they need any special immunizations for where you are moving to.
- Order your boxes for moving from Moving Box Delivery. Your valuables are worth a lot, and protect them by using the highest quality of professional moving box there is. Save money and time too, and have them shipped to your doorstep.
- When moving out it is important to return any borrowed items from friends, family, neighbors or co-workers. Don’t forget to return library books and video rentals too! Once you move, often these items remain in boxes in your garage and can easily be forgotten.
- When moving it is easy to forget to pick up a large load of laundry that you left at the dry cleaners.